Re: [htdig] 3.20/b2 -- SCORE Variable

Subject: Re: [htdig] 3.20/b2 -- SCORE Variable
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 13:54:40 PST

According to Sphboc@aol.com:
> I've been trying to experiment with the various weighting factors; by
> specifying xxx_FACTOR values in the conf file.
>
> Appears that, whatever values I use, long-format displays come out with a
> single star.
>
> Closely related, is there a simple way to actually see the value of $(SCORE)
> and/or $(PERCENT) which was assigned to a given listing? Documentation
> implies that I'd have to alter the value of builtin-long; seems like there
> ought to be a simpler way which doesn't require so many config changes.
>
> (Or maybe what I'm really saying is that the "sample" config ought to include
> actual specification of almost all parameters; possibly with
> less-frequently-altered ones in a separate section).

There are bugs in the score calculation in 3.2.0b1 & 3.2.0b2, which are
fixed in the latest 3.2.0b3 development snapshot. I suggest you give
that a try. As for how the score is calculated, that was discussed at
length a few months ago (in August, I think), so you may want to search
the mailing list archives.