Re: [htdig] Additional variables for htsearch

Subject: Re: [htdig] Additional variables for htsearch
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 06:34:23 PST

At 7:32 AM -0500 11/14/00, Sphboc@aol.com wrote:
>I have a similar interest. Appears that any environment variable, if set
>prior to invoking htsearch, is retained and can be used in output templates.

Yes, all environment variables (i.e. CGI environment variables) are
available to htsearch.

At 12:16 PM +0100 11/14/00, Oliver Hoogvliet wrote:
>as I saw in the htsearch reference there are several standard variables
>to use in template files for htsearch. I would like to use more
>entry-specific variables that can be parsed by htsearch. Are there any
>options or possibilities for htdig and htsearch to save additional
>information which can be read out later with self-defined variables?

It's probably a bit more than you want, but you can also use the
allow_in_form attribute with your user-defined variable names. (The
default being set in the conf file).

<http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#allow_in_form>

Cheers,