Re: [htdig] Additional variables for htsearch

Subject: Re: [htdig] Additional variables for htsearch
From: Sphboc@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 04:32:54 PST

I have a similar interest. Appears that any environment variable, if set
prior to invoking htsearch, is retained and can be used in output templates.

In Perl, the setting can be accomplished by assignment to $ENV{VARNAME},
where VARNAME is a user-chosen name. This has to be done just prior to
calling htsearch; then mention VARNAME in the output template. (Need to be
sure that $ENV{QUERY_STRING} is preserved and passed on to htsearch; in Perl
(5.005_03), appears that "use CGI" has this effect).

In a message dated 11/14/00 4:20:26 AM US Mountain Standard Time,