[htdig] different search results

Subject: [htdig] different search results
From: gkalter (gkalter@kalter.de)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 14:13:22 PST

Hope this mailing-list is the right one..;-)

Today I got htdig to work pretty well on a site containing many

Cobalt Raq2 micorserver (mips) with RedHat based Linux

After updating the C++ Compiler (see mailing list) I got rid of the
error messages and htdig worked well.

Cryptic outputs of the search form were solved by adding a ".cgi"
extension to htsearch
in the local cgi-bin folder. Solution also found in the list - thanks to
all those helpful people!

Because I wanted to get direct links to single PDF Pages out of the
found excerpts I got
the pdftodig.py script for external parsing of PDF-Files. (Do I have to
mention that python
IS NOT installed on Cobalt Raqs?) O.K. this problem could also be

Now everything works pretty good with one little exception.

Using a complete search string e.g. "Sensor" lists all matching
documents and the text contains
the search word (bold typeface) with a link to the specific single Page
of the found PDF file.

Typing just a substring e.g. "Senso" in the search form seems to list
same results. But unfortunately the links within
the texts are gone.

Thank you very much for any suggestions.

Gerold Kalter