Re: [htdig] Frames Lotes Domino

Subject: Re: [htdig] Frames Lotes Domino
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 06:47:24 PST

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Malcolm Austen wrote:

> I diagnose that as a _site_ problem. The site has decided that the robot
> is a frames-unaware browser and delivered its no-frames response. As far
> as I'm aware ht://Dig copes just fine with indexing frames just as long as
> the links that fill the frames aren't wrapped up in JavaScript.

Yes, this is my opinion as well. If there isn't some obvious configuration
that has turned this on, you might try setting:

user_agent: Mozilla/4.0

or something along these lines. This will make ht://Dig claim to be
Netscape while it's indexing--of course if the server is using JavaScript
or something else to guess the browser, you may be out of luck.