Re: [htdig] Frames Lotes Domino

Subject: Re: [htdig] Frames Lotes Domino
From: Kapil Biyani (kapil@indiainfoline.com)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 03:39:57 PST

Werner, u r indexing a site which is in frames.
the problem is when you run htdig it uses the HTTP GET method and tries to index a page(s) with the
links folloing during the process and unfortunately the text basd browsers don't understand frames
very well.

now if you want to index the site you have an option of straight away giving the url of the frame
where the content lies.
like if ur site is http://www.somewhere.com and in the site index page there are two frames top.html
and content.html, where all ur content lies, you can give the http://www.somewhere.com/content.html
as the start_url for htdig.

Just see the output if it is kinda fine for you... cause when the url's will be displayed after some
search it will not show the frames (depends, if you are using javascript it will) and hence might be
a problem for the branding of the site.

Hope I am right? ;-)

Signing off
Kaps
                  \\ \\\ | /// //
                   \\ \\ | /////
                     ( @ @ )

    He that lives upon hope will die fasting...

                    ( ) ) /
                  \ ( (_/
                   \_)

Kapil Biyani - India Infoline.com http://www.indiainfoline.com?sig