Re: [htdig] TODO request: NT4/Win32 installation version/support

Subject: Re: [htdig] TODO request: NT4/Win32 installation version/support
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 09:53:44 PST

According to "Stein, Thomas (AGLW)":
> Thanks to Stephane Baudet, Jim Kerslake and others some work has been done
> to assist people stuck with WIN32 machines. Still I think that there is
> great demand to get a good "WIN32-all-in-a-package Version " including the
> usual installation and configuration tools someone is expecting coming from
> the windows user side. It would be great if we could put that wish on the
> wishing list/TODO list.

I agree that it would be nice to have such a package. The question
that arises is, who will develop it? None of the current ht://Dig
developers has much, if any, experience developing on or for Win32
systems, so you can't count on any of us to do it, even if we had the
time to put it together. So, are there any volunteers for this project?
Geoff and I would gladly provide support and advice from the ht://Dig
side if someone from the Windows side could provide their own expertise
in putting together an easy to install and configure binary distribution
for Win32. (Sorry, Geoff, if I'm putting words in your mouth.)