Re: [htdig] excerpt problem

Subject: Re: [htdig] excerpt problem
From: Michael Rhodes (rhodes@www.fnrf.science.cmu.ac.th)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 09:16:27 PST

Thank you for your response, but the three
variables you suggested I had already
incorporated in the htdig.conf file.

I have the following variables set:

use_meta_description: false
meta_description_factor: 0
max_head_length: 50000
  also because I am using anchors I have these
excerpt_show_top:false
add_anchors_to_excerpt:true

Here is an example of the problem, the URL is
http://www.ist.cmu.ac.th/riseat and clicking on
search. If I enter the keyword biogas to search
for I get excerpts that reflect pages that has
the keyword visible in it. But I get many that are similar
to the following where the keyword is not on the page:

------------------------------------
AT Information
(None of the search words were found in the top of this document.)
http://ns.ist.cmu.ac.th/riseat/atinfo.html 17/08/2000, 10904 bytes
------------------------------------
My max_head_length is 50000, much larger then this page

If you view that page and do a word search for biogas,
it is not on that page. If you view the source code
you will see that biogas shows only in
Therefore the meta keywords are being indexed as valid
search entries.

So my question is how to prevent these excerpts from
showing up in the search when the viewable page does
not have the keyword in it.
In the search example above 9 out of 50 hits were to
pages without the keyword being visible on the page
making the search results look unreliable.

I have read and reread all the attributes available
for htdig.conf and still can not figure out how to
correct it.