Re: [htdig] No matches...

Subject: Re: [htdig] No matches...
From: Michael Rhodes (rhodes@fnrf.science.cmu.ac.th)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 03:09:57 PST

Make sure your htdig.conf has a line in like this:

database_dir: /usr/local/htdig/db
Replace the /usr/local/htdig/db path to the correct path
of your index files.

Check the sizes of your index files db.xx , if they are very
small (few hundred bytes) then it did not index the site
properly. Should probably have file sizes of several
thousand bytes.

I also found problems with indexing if I did not include:
case_sensitive: true
Especially if it is a unix server using upper/lower case
in directory/file names.

Since I am a newbie with HtDig (set up two server
sites in one day) these suggestions may be obvious.

I just ran a test and set my start_url to http://www.htdig.org/
and my db.docdb is more then100k and db.wordlist
is approaching 300k. Located on the other side of the
world, takes a long time to index a remote site so these
are just intermediate sizes cause I'm stopping the indexing now.