[htdig] excerpt problem

Subject: [htdig] excerpt problem
From: Michael Rhodes (rhodes@fnrf.science.cmu.ac.th)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 02:37:49 PST

I have HtDig installed and working perfectly except for the following.
I often get search hits with the following message:

None of the search words were found in the top of this document.)

If I use no_excerpt_show_top: true The message of course goes
away but the hit/link is still there. The problem is that it is indexing
all the META tag descriptions and the hits uses the description
data even though the actual viewable page does not have the word
in it.

I've read through all the documentation several times, experimented
with different options with the same results. Does some one know
a way of correcting this (without having to modify the .html page
META tags)?

Thanks for any assistance you can give.

Michael Rhodes