[htdig] no result searching for string with double colon

Subject: [htdig] no result searching for string with double colon
From: Daniel Naber (daniel.naber@t-online.de)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 14:27:01 PST

we're using htdig 3.1.5 on http://bugs.kde.org. Someone noted that the
search for "QButton::toggled" didn't give any results, but "QButton
toggled" (using AND) matches many pages (which then include the string
"QButton::toggled"). The message is "No matches were found for

So on the one hand, the indexer doesn't seem to index colons (that's
okay), but on the other hand the colons are not removed by htsearch. IMHO
both normalisations should be the same to avoid confusion.

BTW: "QButtontoggled" also yields no results. I did not modify the default
values of extra_word_characters or valid_punctuation. I might be able to
work around the problem by changing extra_word_characters, but it might be
a bug in htdig nevertheless.

Daniel Naber, Paul-Gerhardt-Str. 2, 33332 GŁtersloh
Tel. 05241-59371, Mobil 0170-4819674