Re: [htdig] Re: SSL patch for ht://Dig 3.1.5

Subject: Re: [htdig] Re: SSL patch for ht://Dig 3.1.5
From: Brian W. Spolarich (briansp@walid.com)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 11:50:42 PST

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000 wballant@cholul.com wrote:

| it looks like the process of mailing the patch converted my tabs to
| spaces (note you should be able to use "patch -l" to ignore whitespace
| issues). I am unsure what added those spaces. I am not a regular
| contributor. If someone lets me know where I can ftp the patch to
| avoid the conversion please let me know and I will try to do it this
| weekend (I am working at a secured site and cannot access the command
| line for my home server from here).

  I built htdig with the ssl patch, and I've having some problems.

  My web server listens on:
        http://myserver:80
        https://myserver:443

  The port 80 HTTP server redirects to the port 443 HTTPS server. The
port 443 HTTPS server requires basic auth (which is performed against
RADIUS).

  htdig.conf looks like this:

  start_url: https://myserver/
  authorization userid:password

  If I run htdig, I see this:

bash$ ../bin/rundig -v -v -v
New server: www.corp.walid.com, 80

  (and thing htdig sits there forever)

  So I try:

  start_url: https://myserver:443/

  Now I connect but I see eventually that htdig tries to index:

New server: myserver, 80

  So I try to exclude it with exclude_urls but no luck. I don't think
there are any references to the 'http' version of my site anywhere, and
the exclude directive should catch it. I do see /cgi-bin/ URLs excluded,
so I know that at least a part of that directive is being obeyed.

  I thought the problem might be around line 220 of htlib/URL.cc, but
adding a printf statement to show the URL string value didn't help. My
content doesn't contain any references to the http:// site, and even if it
did it should be caught by the exclude.

  Ideas?

--