Re: [htdig] I don't want to show URLs

Subject: Re: [htdig] I don't want to show URLs
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 08:44:24 PST

According to Peter Peltonen:
> I'm running htdig-3.1.5-0glibc21 installed from an RPM in a RH 6.2 server
> box.
>
> And I guess that what I'm really asking is, that there probably isn't a
> configuration option which would wipe the URLs from the search results page
> away...?
> > I have pages with really really long URLs. I've defined the search results
> > page to be a 750 pixels wide table. The long URLs break that table -- it
> > gets too wide.
> >
> > How can I get rid of the URLs? It's okay, that only the "title" of the
> > search object works as a link. Do I have to hack the source code? If so,
> > what lines should I remove?

It's not a simple matter of changing just one config attribute, but it's
still pretty trivial. See http://www.htdig.org/FAQ.html#q4.2

You can actally just uncomment the template_map definition in your
/etc/htdig/htdig.conf, and then edit the /var/lib/htdig/common/long.html
result template. I have to wonder how you got your results to go into
table form without doing just that, unless you merely put the table
definitions in the header.html and footer.html and let all the results
go into a single cell of the table.