Re: [htdig] Indexing PDF Files

Subject: Re: [htdig] Indexing PDF Files
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 14:26:50 PST

On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Roy Stephane wrote:

> When I perform rundig in verbose mode, I find that htdig recognise all my
> PDF files, it shows theire size. After that, when htmerge find a PDF, it say
> that there is no excerpt, so the file (temporary file) is deleted.

You haven't told us how verbose you're going. Using -v is less verbose
than -vvvv, for example.

Also, you can test the parsing script itself by calling it from the
command-line with a filename. You want to make sure it's actually parsing
the PDF files correctly, e.g.: file.pdf application/pdf

(that should all be on one line.)