[htdig] Indexing PDF Files

Subject: [htdig] Indexing PDF Files
From: Roy Stephane (SRoy@oerlikon.ca)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 12:04:07 PST

I have problems indexing PDF Files. I have already considered the FAQ 4.9
and 5.2. So all my path are OK and the MAX_DOC_SIZE parameter is greater
than my bigger PDF file. I am working with the external parser "
parse_doc.pl ".

When I perform rundig in verbose mode, I find that htdig recognise all my
PDF files, it shows theire size. After that, when htmerge find a PDF, it say
that there is no excerpt, so the file (temporary file) is deleted.

I tried to find the parameters that are used to call htdig form rundig.
Since an output command on each variables shows nothing on screen, I asume
that all the parameters used are having null value.

I am using RedHat 6.2, an Appache 1.3

Thanks for your help!

Stéphane Roy
sroy@oerlikon.ca <mailto:sroy@oerlikon.ca>