Re: [htdig] htmerge: Unable to open word list file '/opt/www/htdi

Subject: Re: [htdig] htmerge: Unable to open word list file '/opt/www/htdi
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 10:19:16 PST

According to Martin Mielke:
> > Interesting! It seems the C++ library is deliberately aborting. Did
> > you make any changes to your runtime libraries since compiling htdig?
> > If so, or in any case if htdig is still failing consistently
> > like this,
> > I'd recommend rebuilding and reinstalling htdig from scratch.
> >

> Even after reinstalling from scratch I get the same error messages...
>
> What now?? :-/

Well, you did say that it used to run fine, and just recently stopped
working, so I'd recommend hunting around to see what's changed that has
made it stop working. If you can find any changes to the libraries on
the indexing system, or any other system changes, that were done recently,
try backing them out and see if that fixes things. Also, if you make any
changes to your htdig.conf, try backing them out. To rule out problems
resulting from changes to the site(s) you are indexing, try htdig on a
small, known set of documents to see if you get any further with them.
Also, run htdig with -vvvvv to see if any debugging output at all comes
out before it crashes.