Re: [htdig] spell check - python wrapper script

Subject: Re: [htdig] spell check - python wrapper script
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 15:34:34 PST

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Gilles Detillieux wrote:

> It would be really great if the "speling" fuzzy match algorithm were
> setup to use ispell the way the script does to get the alternate words.
> Of course in 3.2, you don't have a db.wordlist file, so you'd need a
> "htfuzzy speling" command to traverse the word database and feed it
> to munchlist, then to buildhash.

Actually the idea for speling itself was to emulate Apache's mod_speling,
which works by allowing one-off spelling mistakes. (e.g. a missing
letter).

But it would be a nice idea to have an ispell fuzzy module as well. One
reason for holding off on this is that I thought it might be better to use
code from ispell rather than calling it directly (more portable, almost
definitely faster).

(N.B. In 3.2, you could also just use htdump to get a db.wordlist and go
from there...)