Re: [htdig] My Htdig acted weird over the time change

Subject: Re: [htdig] My Htdig acted weird over the time change
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 13:46:11 PST

According to
> Did anyone else's Htdig act strange or not work over the time change?
> The day after the time change, Htdig would not return any results for any
> search. I let it go a day because it reindexes my list of sites every night
> at 1:00am, and everything was fine the next day.

1am is not a good time to schedule jobs that may take over an hour,
or that you really don't want run twice in one night, because 1am
occurs twice in a night when you switch from daylight savings time to
standard time. I suspect that a second htdig process started up
before the first one finished, and they stomped all over each others

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: