RE: [htdig] Changing httpd.conf

Subject: RE: [htdig] Changing httpd.conf
From: Titus L. Fortner (
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 19:10:23 PDT

> What errors are you getting? Have you checked your web server's
> error_log files?

I do not have access to the error logs, so I only know a server 500 error.

> Are you running htsearch from a cgi-bin directory (i.e.
> ScriptAlias'ed directory)? are other scripts able to run from the same
> directory?

Yes, it is in a subdirectory of the cgi-bin. I'm running perl scripts just
fine out of the cgi-bin, just not htsearch.

> Something you can try is create a .htaccess file in the
> directory where your htsearch resides and add the following:
> <Files htsesarch>
> SetHandler cgi-script
> </Files>

I created a file, named it .htaccess and put those 3 lines on it and it
didn't work. If I'm missing some crucial element to creating .htaccess
files, please let me know.

> It seems that this is more an Apache config. problem than a htdig
> problem.

Oh, it most definitely is, I was just hoping that someone else who has had
this problem could step me through the solution better than what is
described in the FAQ.

LTjg Titus L. Fortner, USN

List archives: <>
FAQ: <>