Re: [htdig] Changing httpd.conf

Subject: Re: [htdig] Changing httpd.conf
From: Carlos Ramirez (cramirez@gte.net)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 14:49:55 PDT

What errors are you getting? Have you checked your web server's
error_log files? Are you running htsearch from a cgi-bin directory (i.e.
ScriptAlias'ed directory)? are other scripts able to run from the same
directory? Something you can try is create a .htaccess file in the
directory where your htsearch resides and add the following:

<Files htsesarch>
SetHandler cgi-script
</Files>

It seems that this is more an Apache config. problem than a htdig
problem.

Hope this helps

-Carlos

"Titus L. Fortner" wrote:

> Hello,
> I've scoured the archive and can't find a specific enough answer to this
> question.
> I believe my htsearch is failing because the Apache server is using a
> perl-handler vice a cgi-handler on the program.
> I do not have access to the server's httpd.conf file and my webhost's
> weekend support is not the best. They want to know exactly what to change
> in the httpd.conf file to get a particular directory in my virtual domain to
> use a cgi-handler instead of a perl-handler (which they can't even say for
> sure is what is currently being used).
> Can anyone tell me exactly what needs to be added to or changed in the
> httpd.conf file to get this to work so I can walk through my tech support
> guys through the process over the phone?
> Also, changing the httpd.conf file requires restarting Apache, right?
>
> Thanks so much for your help,
>
> Titus

RTFM: Not just an acronym, it's the LAW!