[htdig] Changing httpd.conf

Subject: [htdig] Changing httpd.conf
From: Titus L. Fortner (titus@bibledoctrine.net)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 12:29:06 PDT

Hello,
I've scoured the archive and can't find a specific enough answer to this
question.
I believe my htsearch is failing because the Apache server is using a
perl-handler vice a cgi-handler on the program.
I do not have access to the server's httpd.conf file and my webhost's
weekend support is not the best. They want to know exactly what to change
in the httpd.conf file to get a particular directory in my virtual domain to
use a cgi-handler instead of a perl-handler (which they can't even say for
sure is what is currently being used).
Can anyone tell me exactly what needs to be added to or changed in the
httpd.conf file to get this to work so I can walk through my tech support
guys through the process over the phone?
Also, changing the httpd.conf file requires restarting Apache, right?

Thanks so much for your help,

Titus