Re: [htdig] spell check - python wrapper script

Subject: Re: [htdig] spell check - python wrapper script
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 18:41:27 PDT

At 12:44 PM -0400 10/27/00, GregHolmes@aol.com wrote:
>In case anyone might find this useful, I have attached a python wrapper
>script that uses ispell to suggest alternatives to search words that may be
>typos.

This has been one of my thoughts for an excellent
language-independent Fuzzy class for ht://Dig. Of course as the
"dictionary," you'd actually use the wordlist itself. This would have
the dual advantages that you'd have any words not in normal
dictionaries and the algorithm could also offer up words misspelled
in the pages themselves. (Perish the thouhgt! [sic])

Of course this idea also got lost in the shuffle. Anyone interested
in working on this sort of thing (as you have in a sense) would be
doing us all a great favor.

Thanks for the script!