Re: [htdig] Is the site down?

Subject: Re: [htdig] Is the site down?
From: Andrew Scherpbier (ascherpbier@evoke.com)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 11:41:53 PDT

Argh!

Just after I got done preaching about the stability of the new DNS setup for
htdig.org, the whole datacenter where it resides goes down...

It is actually a scheduled outage; they are physically moving all machines
to a new and better location (more bandwidth, better power backup).
Downtime is supposed to be limited to 8 hours from 8amPST, this morning
(Friday).

Mind you, only the DNS service is down. You can still get to www.htdig.org
through the IP address: 209.75.193.22
Since www.htdig.org is a virtual host, you won't be able to browse it by IP,
so you'll have to make a temporary /etc/hosts entry for it.