Re: [htdig] Including Pull-Down Menu Pages

Subject: Re: [htdig] Including Pull-Down Menu Pages
From: Rzepa, Henry (h.rzepa@ic.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 00:10:41 PDT

Can I make a positive contribution to what we have done to address
this problem.

George in my group has in fact written some Java classes that
try to capture both pull down menus and JavaScript entries
according to some simple heuristics (we recognise that a complete
capture of this space is very difficult!)

All these identified are pushed into the <link> attribute, where
they can now be found by ANY (most) index engines.

By a similar token, we have captured much of the <chemistry>
in web pages, and elevated that, where necessary to <meta>, <link>
or <object> declarations, again enabling conventional engines if
necessary to find it.

All our classes are invoked as external parsers to htdig. Perhaps in]
the fullness of time, they could be fully integrated

--

Henry Rzepa. +44 (0)20 7594 5774 (Office) +44 (0)20 7594 5804 (Fax) Dept. Chemistry, Imperial College, London, SW7 2AY, UK. http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa/