RE: [htdig] key word file or DB

Subject: RE: [htdig] key word file or DB
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 21:21:28 PDT

At 4:36 PM -0400 10/19/00, Steve Webster wrote:
>The db files in the db directory show that they were updated. There is also
>a directory called products inn the db directory which shows it isn't
>updated. how can i get rundig to update these files?

You didn't mention which version you were using, so I'm still not
sure if you are really using a 3.1.x version or not.

Nevertheless, there would need to be a separate config file for any
subdirectories in the db/ directory. The person who created those
databases would have needed to create a config file in config/ that
specifies the other files. (Normally I would expect that they'd also
add in commands so that the rundig script would update those as well,
but that's clearly not the case.)

One way or another I think you really need to talk to the person who
installed ht://Dig in the first place.