[htdig] problem compiling htdig 3.2.0b2 on Solaris

Subject: [htdig] problem compiling htdig 3.2.0b2 on Solaris
From: Malka Cymbalista (Malki.Cymbalista@weizmann.ac.il)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 12:55:03 PDT

I am trying to build htdig 3.2.0b2 on a Solaris machine but it fails in the compilation with the following error:

gcc -c -O -I. -I./../include -D_REENTRANT ../db_stat/db_stat.c
gcc -o db_stat db_stat.o err.o getlong.o libhtdb.a -lthread
Making all in htlib
mksh: Fatal error in reader: = missing from replacement macro reference
Current working directory /WWW/support/htdig-3.2.0b2/htlib
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

Does anyone know what the problem might be?
TIA.

Malki Cymbalista
Webmaster, Weizmann Institute of Science
Rehovot, Israel 76100
Internet: Malki.Cymbalista@weizmann.ac.il