Re: [htdig] How do we create a database..

Subject: Re: [htdig] How do we create a database..
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 12:40:55 PDT

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, June-Suh Cho wrote:

> I have installed a software, and I tried to run rundig to create
> a datbase. I got a error message :can not open file..." ..
> I would like to know how do we create a database.

The full error message is usually much more helpful than just part of it.
For example in your message it would help to know *what* file could not be

In general, I'd say you have a permission problem. Either run the rundig
script as root or make sure the directories like db/are writeable by the
user running the script.