[htdig] Basics - Already searched archives

Subject: [htdig] Basics - Already searched archives
From: Melon, Jack (MelonJ@SJHS.com)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 11:44:31 PDT

Hello All:

' first day with ht://Dig. Everything has compiled and installed easily
enough, but I've run into two (2) obstacles.

I seem to be missing something to get it to drill down the directories. The
index page on localhost is 3frames and its indexing the header.htm,
main.htm, footer.htm - but that's all. The "header" and "main" frames both
contain links to vast documentation in *.html, *.doc, *.txt, etc.; but it's
not being retrieved. I've left the "limit_url_to:" attribute set to the
default ${start_url}

Also I'm getting an "Invalid Header- WWW Authenticate NTLM / Not Authorized"
from the non-secured Microsoft IIS Server here. I've tried the -u
username:password with no success. I understand that htdig is using BASIC
encription and the IIS server is using "NT Challenge Response" so that's
probably the problem, but I don't know a fix.

Any help would be appreciated.

JD Melon

South Jersey Hospital System
Engineering