Re: AW: [htdig] HTMERGE doesn't remove URL

Subject: Re: AW: [htdig] HTMERGE doesn't remove URL
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 08:22:58 PDT

According to Reich, Stefan:
> Tnx a lot. Good to know, that I can stop searching for the mistake ;-)
>
> Anyway, what does outdated record mean? Is there a way to get rid of let's
> say records not reinserted for some days?

Sorry, bad choice of words. I should have said superceded rather than
outdated. When htmerge -m sees two records for the same document, it
takes the one with the most recent time of last modification to the
document, and discards the older one if it is in the target database.

The database keeps track of the document's last modified date for each
record, but does not keep track of the time the record was created or
updated (i.e. the last time the document was indexed). So, no, there
is no way to get rid of records not reinserted within a certain time
period.