[htdig] "No server running" redeaux

Subject: [htdig] "No server running" redeaux
From: GregHolmes@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 08:18:46 PDT

Manipulating server_wait_time and timeout seems to have little or no effect;
I still get "unable to build connection" at some random point, and every
single document after that has "no server running".

I just don't believe that a connection problem at document 300 means that no
successful retrieval can occur from there until document 3000+ (i.e. until
the end). We don't have long outages like that. I can browse to pages as I
watch the tailed output say "no server running" repeatedly. Somehow, htdig
is just giving up. How can I get it to retry requests (or at least skip the
balky document and try for the next one) rather than giving up?