Re: [htdig] 3.2.0b2 compile problems on RedHat 7.0

Subject: Re: [htdig] 3.2.0b2 compile problems on RedHat 7.0
From: VASQUEZ_JASON@LILLY.COM
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 20:07:19 PDT

Thanks for the info...I'll continue to watch for updates, etc. from
RedHat...I'll probably just go with 3.1.5 for this time around...

-Jason

Geoff Hutchison <ghutchis@wso.williams.edu>
10/19/00 10:03 PM

        To: VASQUEZ_JASON@LILLY.COM
        cc: htdig@htdig.org

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000 VASQUEZ_JASON@LILLY.COM wrote:

> I'm trying to compile htdig 3.2.0b2 on RedHat 7.0, but I'm running into
> some problems. I am receiving the following error at compile time:

Well, I have some changes to fix the undeclared errors about to be
committed, but it still doesn't help. Compilation with "gcc 2.96" on
RedHat 7 gets a little further along and dies with an internal compiler
error while *parsing* what looks to be reasonable code to me in htsearch.

I have filed a few bug reports to RH 7 and a request that they provide
working gcc-2.95.2 RPMs. Despite their assurances to the contrary, C++
compilation with that compiler is NOT reliable.

Of course version 3.1.5 compiles cleanly (and is supposedly on the
PowerTools disk).