Re: [htdig] key word file or DB

Subject: Re: [htdig] key word file or DB
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 19:44:03 PDT

At 3:43 PM -0400 10/18/00, Steve Webster wrote:
>Hi, I am trying to update the keyword search for our current htdig
>configuration. Which file would I use There are a number of different
>directories and files. Is it the ones with the .db extension or is it
>db.wordlist? Also i need to remove some of the keywords because certain html
>pages have been removed. How do i go about doing this??

There are several files that need to be updated at once. If you run
the script "rundig" that was installed with ht://Dig it will update
your databases. However, since you can't search and index on the
databases at the same time, you probably want to do this on copies of
your database.

If you are using version 3.1.5 of ht://Dig, you can run "rundig -a"
and this will work on alternate or "work" copies of the databases. If
you're using an older version, I highly suggest that you take this
opportunity to upgrade.

If pages are no longer present, they will be removed from the
databases automatically when updating them. For this reason, most
people set periodic update jobs using the cron program.