Re: [htdig] Local digging files without extension

Subject: Re: [htdig] Local digging files without extension
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 05:43:52 PDT

At 9:21 AM +0200 10/18/00, Marcel Hicking wrote:
>The first would be having an apache like mime.types, as
>this is a well proven feature. Maybe call it mime.local and
>add keywords for unkown/default types/extensions as well as
>special mimetype to force htdig get the type via http.

In some sense, we're ahead of you here. The 3.2 code has a file://
transport method, which already uses a mime.types file. The catch is
that the local_urls feature currently doesn't use this code at all,
instead using the same code as in 3.1.5. Obviously it would be useful
to translate local_urls directives into file:// URLs for this purpose.

>Since we have some nice regex parsing for config files why
>not use them here as well and extend it to the full
>filename?

Interesting idea. Of course no other mime.types support works this
way, so we couldn't easily use a standard mime.types file.