Re: [htdig] Case Sensitive Searches

Subject: Re: [htdig] Case Sensitive Searches
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 13:41:22 PDT

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Bob Foster wrote:

> Is it possible to configure for case sensitive phrase searching? For
> example: "North Face" would return only hits where the case matches and
> would not return articles containing "north face".

Not at the moment. The words are lowercased when stored in the database.
As a compromise, a flag is set if the word is different after performing
the lowercasing (in other words, if at least one character was uppercase).

However, this flag is not checked during searching. Any development help
in working on the htsearch front-end would be greatly appreicated since
both Gilles and I are swamped with other work right now.