Re: [htdig] Want BOTH meta description and context excerpt

Subject: Re: [htdig] Want BOTH meta description and context excerpt
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 10:56:47 PDT

According to
> What I meant by "if-then stuff" in the results is:
> I would like to have some kind of header for the meta description and another
> for the excerpt. But ... I only want the meta description header to appear
> if there is a meta description.
> <b>Description</b>
> This is a description.
> <b>Excerpt</b>
> ...some text where the word is found ...
> I guess I'll have to look into php or some such thing. If the new meta
> description variable is empty I want the <b>Description</b> part omitted.

Yeah, it would either take something like a PHP wrapper to do this, or
more customization of the htsearch code, e.g. to insert this string
into the METADESCRIPTION variable when there is a meta description,
or to set a separate template variable in that case (probably a more
useful approach).

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: