Re: [htdig] Want BOTH meta description and context excerpt

Subject: Re: [htdig] Want BOTH meta description and context excerpt
From: GregHolmes@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 09:00:23 PDT

(Sorry for all the quoting, I'm using a rather limited mail client)

What I meant by "if-then stuff" in the results is:

I would like to have some kind of header for the meta description and another
for the excerpt. But ... I only want the meta description header to appear
if there is a meta description.

RESULT TITLE
   <b>Description</b>
   This is a description.
   <b>Excerpt</b>
   ...some text where the word is found ...

I guess I'll have to look into php or some such thing. If the new meta
description variable is empty I want the <b>Description</b> part omitted.