Re: [htdig] 3.2.0b2 problems (was: Local digging files without extension)

Subject: Re: [htdig] 3.2.0b2 problems (was: Local digging files without extension)
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 07:28:05 PDT

Well, I don't see the connection between Marcel's email and my reply to
him, which you quoted below, and your problems with compiling 3.2.0b2.
I don't think 3.2's handling of local files and the valid_extensions
attribute is any different than 3.1.5's.

3.2 is still in beta releases, so it's still very rough around the edges.
However, if you're taking up Geoff's challenge to develop a patch to
get Marcel's requested features in there, then 3.2 may be the way to go.

The problem you've run into is well-known, but unfortunately the solution
is eluding us at the moment. For some reason, when using shared libraries
on Solaris, objects in this library are not initialized properly.
The only workaround right now is not to use shared library support on
Solaris, by using the --disable-shared option on ./configure.

As for fixes to b2, there are plenty, but not in the form of patches.
You should grab the latest development snapshot for 3.2.0b3, which is
still in the works, but probably more stable right now than b2 is.

According to Markus Warg: