Re: [htdig] Local digging files without extension

Subject: Re: [htdig] Local digging files without extension
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 19:16:15 PDT

At 11:56 AM -0500 10/16/00, Gilles Detillieux wrote:
>We don't do this in the distributed source because there isn't
>universal agreement on what mime type these files should have, and
>we haven't worked out a better, more configurable scheme for this
>code yet.

One of the long-standing TODO items has been to do something like
Apache's mod_magic or the standard 'file' command that works out the
file's MIME type from the contents using magic tokens.

There is certainly GPL-compatible code out there to do this, but it's
a matter of porting it and merging it into the appropriate places.
I'd be glad to give pointers in the 3.2 code if someone is interested
in this. It would obviously be well-received.