Re: [htdig] 3.1.5: Completed large index

Subject: Re: [htdig] 3.1.5: Completed large index
From: Peter L. Peres (plp@actcom.co.il)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 10:44:19 PDT

>The config file has accepted quoted strings for a *long* time. I'd bet
>your config file already has quoted strings in it... I'm not entirely sure
>I'd like the idea of a null string being accepted as a config value, but
>feedback is welcome.

Well, one of the few things that were hard to understand from the config
were these (how to quote properly and how to pass an arbitrary character
in a parameter - i.e. escape).

>As I mentioned earlier (maybe you didn't get my
>message?) it's not just an issue of the configuration code. The code in
>Retriever.cc that matches extensions would need a special case for "no
>extension" or it would still try to exclude README because it's not
>"README."

I did get all your messages (in duplicate as usual with this list) and I
am quite aware of what is required, I think (remember I already wrote a
small patch concerning that area of the code), only I do not have the time
to do this so fast. Also, my mail turnaround time is about 24 hrs so it
helps to wait that long ;-).

thank you,

Peter