[htdig] Re: Ornamentation?

Subject: [htdig] Re: Ornamentation?
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 06:11:00 PDT

At 7:51 AM +0000 10/16/00, crosstar wrote:
>I was interested in the ht/dig search engine, but all of the examples
>I came acress had the logo and advertising on it (which we could
>not use, insofar as we are non-profit and non-commercial).
>
>Is there a version or configuration available which does not
>include this type of thing? We have been using webglimpse
>which is bare of any such ornamentation.
>
>It looks like a nice search engine and we would like to consider
>using it, if possible.

There is no restriction on use. Naturally we like it when people
include the logo or a link to htdig.org, but there is no requirement
to do so. The GNU GPL only has restrictions on the distribution of
the source code, not on any form of use.

There are many examples of sites that do not include any sort of
ht://Dig logo, e.g. <http://www.linux.com/>