Re: [htdig] KICK THE SPAMMERS OFF ASAP PLEASE

Subject: Re: [htdig] KICK THE SPAMMERS OFF ASAP PLEASE
From: Sphboc@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 10:20:15 PDT

Well, let's look at this realistically, shall we? We've had a little
more than half a dozen spams on our lists in the past week, which
(. . . relevant, but not repeated in detail here . . )
Even if we do lose a few
subscribers because they don't feel the list was closed quickly enough
for their liking, I suspect they'd return afterward if they still are
interested in what the list has to offer.

So, while I don't think we should just close our eyes and look the other
way until the list dies, the sky ain't falling yet.

I tend to agree with Gilles. If any given spammer becomes enough of a
nuisance, civil litigation is one of the available remedies.

Steven P Haver/602-242-9708