Re: [htdig] KICK THE SPAMMERS OFF ASAP PLEASE

Subject: Re: [htdig] KICK THE SPAMMERS OFF ASAP PLEASE
From: Chuq Von Rospach (chuqui@plaidworks.com)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 22:23:16 PDT

At 11:39 PM -0500 10/11/00, Geoff Hutchison wrote:

>Unsolicited e-mail is, unfortunately, part of mailing list life
>these days. I hit the delete key after sending on to appropriate
>sources.

Not on any list I run, but what do I know, I've only run e-mail
systems for 20 years.

Geoff, close the list, or it'll become useless. To not do that is to
notice a gas leak, and tell everyone to just ignore the smell --
sooner or later, it'll explode, and saying "don't light a match" just
doesn't cut it.

If you want a place for bug reports, use a private e-mail list, and
forward appropriate ones to the list. Don't leave the list open,
because the spammers have found it, and it's only going to get worse.

Be just, and fear not.