Re: [htdig] KICK THE SPAMMERS OFF ASAP PLEASE

Subject: Re: [htdig] KICK THE SPAMMERS OFF ASAP PLEASE
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 21:39:13 PDT

At 11:36 PM +0200 10/11/00, me wrote:
>I did not know that your list is open (i.e. unsubscribed sources can post). I
>have received two spam items already which have htdig.org headers. Please con-
>firm that you are seeing them too (the headers may be spoofed). Header quoted

The list is open because this allows people to make bug reports,
quick inquiries, etc. This is unlikely to change because people see
benefit from this approach. If you don't like it, I'm sorry.

Unsolicited e-mail is, unfortunately, part of mailing list life these
days. I hit the delete key after sending on to appropriate sources.