Re: [htdig] Distributions (was Red Hat 7.0 RPMS?)

Subject: Re: [htdig] Distributions (was Red Hat 7.0 RPMS?)
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 07:59:24 PDT

According to Wayne Larmon:
> Hmm. I just did a little research. I see that Red Hat *does* distribute
> ht://Dig, but on their "Power Tools" CD which "is included only in the
> Deluxe Workstation and Professional Server products." (Or can be downloaded
> from a mirror site as an ISO image.) It isn't on the first two install CDs,
> which is what you get with the basic $29.95 retail version of Red Hat. (I
> installed from CDs that were burned from downloaded ISO images of the first
> two install CDs. I haven't downloaded the "Power Tools" ISO yet, because
> the Red Hat mirrors are still sluggish.)

You can pick it up from the Manitoba mirror site, which has pretty good

I'd would be much obliged if you did download the src.rpm, ran rpm2cpio
on it, and sent me the cpio archive. Without a running 7.0 system,
I don't have a version 4 rpm package so I can't open this RPM to have
a look at it. I'm very curious to see what patches they've included,
and what the .spec file looks like.

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: