Re: [htdig] Distributions (was Red Hat 7.0 RPMS?)

Subject: Re: [htdig] Distributions (was Red Hat 7.0 RPMS?)
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 05:58:08 PDT

At 11:20 AM +0200 10/11/00, Charles Nepote wrote:
>PS : I am still thinking that htdig group may provide a 3.1.6 version
>with accent patch and international stuff as :
>-- ad minima : change the /opt/www/htdig/common to
>/opt/www/htdig/english : that will let users decide to create
>/opt/www/htdig/french if they want it ;
>-- ad minima : change /opt/www/htdocs/htdig/search.html to
>/opt/www/htdocs/htdig/english/search.html ;
>-- options : suppress hard coded english pages to use .html (and join
>search.html in the same directory as headers and footers and so on) ;
>-- options : add french and german versions of html file, which are
>ready (like other languages I guess).
>-- options : conform to the Linux Standard Base.

Thanks for your suggestions, but please see below.

>(I know I can to all this things by hand...)
>I know the htdig group is working on such subjects for next release (I
>saw the works of Sanga), but may 3.1.5 should already have those changes
>with a little work to do ?...

Because rolling a release takes quite a bit more time than you'd
expect. (It always seems to take quite a bit more time than I
expect!) Since you can set all of these installation paths quite
easily, this does not make it a high priority. If, for some reason, a
significant security hole is discovered or other significant bug,
then a 3.1.6 release will be made to fix that.