RE: [htdig] Distributions (was Red Hat 7.0 RPMS?)

Subject: RE: [htdig] Distributions (was Red Hat 7.0 RPMS?)
From: Wayne Larmon (wayne@scrounge.org)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 19:15:17 PDT

Hmm. I just did a little research. I see that Red Hat *does* distribute
ht://Dig, but on their "Power Tools" CD which "is included only in the
Deluxe Workstation and Professional Server products." (Or can be downloaded
from a mirror site as an ISO image.) It isn't on the first two install CDs,
which is what you get with the basic $29.95 retail version of Red Hat. (I
installed from CDs that were burned from downloaded ISO images of the first
two install CDs. I haven't downloaded the "Power Tools" ISO yet, because
the Red Hat mirrors are still sluggish.)
http://www.redhat.com/products/software/linux/pl_rhl7_powertools.html

I also noted that Mandrake apparently uses ht://Dig as the search engine on
the Linux-Mandrake site, (http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/) and that this
(http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/contribs71/htdig-3.1.5-2mdk.i586.html)
seems to indicate that ht://Dig *is* distributed with Mandrake 7.1. But I
just checked my two Mandrake 7.1 install CDs (that were burned from
downloaded ISO images) and couldn't find it. Maybe it is on one of the
extra CDs that you get when you buy the retail version of Mandrake.

Wayne Larmon