RE: [htdig] Distributions (was Red Hat 7.0 RPMS?)

Subject: RE: [htdig] Distributions (was Red Hat 7.0 RPMS?)
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 13:01:26 PDT

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Wayne Larmon wrote:

> Is it possible for the ht://Dig team to work with the major distribution
> producers, like Red Hat and Mandrake, so that ht://Dig would be included on
> the distribution CD? I'm always disappointed when I don't find ht://Dig on
> the distribution CD.

That's pretty much out of our hands. As I understand it, SuSE and Debian
include it in all distributions, and I believe a few smaller ones do as

I would assume "significant customer demand" would probably convince other
distributions to consider such things. Remember CDs are a fixed size, so
even a small package like ht://Dig has to take the place of something