Re: [htdig] server_aliases

Subject: Re: [htdig] server_aliases
From: Malcolm Austen (malcolm.austen@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 07:21:42 PDT

On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Gilles Detillieux wrote:

+ However, you should note that if the port number is omitted, it defaults
+ to 80. If you're using non-standard port numbers, you should specify them
+ explicitly.

Oh, glad you pointed that out! Maybe there are good reasons in the code
for doing it that way? It seems to me to go against natural logic (well,
my logic 8-) which says that since DNS aliases are not port specific then
I would expect server_aliases without port numbers to alias for any port
number that htdig finds on that server name.

Another request for clarification in the documentation please!

regards,
        Malcolm.

 Malcolm.Austen@OUCS.ox.ac.uk http://users.ox.ac.uk/~malcolm/