[htdig] Record h for external parsers: Passing links to the excerpt

Subject: [htdig] Record h for external parsers: Passing links to the excerpt
From: Rzepa, Henry (h.rzepa@ic.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 05:15:45 PDT

Can someone help/advise.

In htdig 3.1, we use external parsers, which return to htdig
the value of so called record h. This is used to provide an excerpt
to the contents of the file, to be displayed by the output template.

Because the external file types we parse can also have an
instantation in other databases (molecular ones) we have
hitherto included in the h record stuff of the type

This field would appear as the excerpt for this hit.

In htdig 3.2 (b2), the h record is now quoted as entity references,
ie we find htdig is converting it to
&lt;a href .... etc etc

and hence the excerpt no longer has an active link.

So can we stop the conversion of < and > to entities in htdig 3.2?

We would also like to go one stage further, and add multiple
external links in the output template (via the h record, or other
records). Thus if we are parsing an external molecule, we might
wish to redirect the user to 3-4 other molecule databases which
a cgi query containing a search string for that molecule. We
would like these external redirections to appear in the htdig output
template.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the best way to achieve this?

Many thanks.

--

Henry Rzepa. +44 (0)20 7594 5774 (Office) +44 (0)20 7594 5804 (Fax) Dept. Chemistry, Imperial College, London, SW7 2AY, UK. http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa/