Re: [htdig] Can't get my search to update correctly..

Subject: Re: [htdig] Can't get my search to update correctly..
From: Ramon Gonzalez (ramon@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 17:27:16 PDT

Is /www/itss above or below your main web root directory?

Although I am still learning the ropes with ht:/dig, this is one test I have
done related to this problem.

I have a root web directory (/home/httpd/html) with a few test pages that
hyperlink to each other. In the same directory I have the Apache server
documentation under "manuals/misc" but none of my pages refer to the Apache
manuals. If I add a hidden hyperlink in this fashion:

in my main index.html page, all the Apache manuals get added by htdig. If I
take it out, they are omitted. The above anchor is not seen on the page
since there is no text to hyperlink, but it is a valid hyperlink.

So basically hyperlink anchors <A> are required for the pages to relate to
each other and you do mention you have added this. I guess you can also add
an additional URL directory path in your "start_url" parameter.